Fees and Tuitions
|Dates: 7 – 16 July 2019||CHF 2.950|
- Project-based learning activities encourage respect for self and others, environmental stewardship, and the development of leadership skills.
- Participants are instructed and attend workshops on each of the following disciplines:
- Outdoor Sports
- Mountaineering, Rock Climbing and Hiking
- Winter sports (snow shoe touring, ski touring and ice climbing)
- White Water Activities ie. river rafting, canyoning and kayaking.
- Mountain Biking.
- High and Low Ropes obstacle courses.
- Team building activities.
- Environmental Science on the topics:
- Water: Rivers, lakes and Oceans
- Photo and Videography
- Other Subjects:
- Wilderness survival skills.
- First Aid & Rescue.
- Map work and Orientation.
Young Explorers Summer Camp in Switzerland
Ready to learn about Wilderness Survival Skills?
We base the Young Explorers Club Summer Camp in Switzerland on three Pillars:
- Wilderness Survival Skills
- Outdoor adventure sports
- Environmental Action
The Young Explorers Club is a one a kind wilderness survival, adventure sports and environmental action program. The program is designed to give young adolescent ages 13 -16 years the opportunity to develop their passion adventure and exploration linking it with environmental action and to teach them to be change agents for the health of the planet’s ecosystems as well as their health and well being.
Come and learn from professional explorers and wilderness survival specialists.
Martin Horn has created this unique and exciting program, building upon the legacy of the Pangaea Young Explorers Program under the patronage of Mike Horn.
We link wilderness survival skills with adventure sports
“No other youth program offers what we do……Period!” – Martin Horn
The YEC Slogan is to EXPLORE – LEARN – ACT
- Explore nature.
- Learn from professional explorers and wilderness survival specialists.
- Act upon environmental issues and preserve the planet’s resources for future generations.
Young Explorers Club has its head office in Chateau-d’Oex, in the Pays-d’Enhaut region in the canton of Vaud, Switzerland, all camps will be hosted in Chateau-d’Oex and its surrounding area.
This unique program is open to English speaking youth (intermediate level proficiency in English is required)