|Average class size||Pupil/Teacher ratio|
Oak Hill, Nyon
Oak Hill offers a unique half-day, research-based programme to students with specific learning differences – dyslexia and/or attention deficit disorder and others.
Students experience success in a secure and supportive environment. Teaching is in English in a classroom of 4 students to 1 teacher.
Oak Hill is a centre of excellence in the field of dyslexia and other learning differences. Our individual programme meets the needs of each student’s learning profile. Our bespoke curriculum is:
- researched based – using high impact teaching strategies to implement best practice and ensure that students have multiple opportunities to encounter, engage with and elaborate on new knowledge and skills
- giving students opportunities for repeated exposure to material – spaced interaction with new knowledge over days, weeks, and months, allows students to practice what they have learnt
- differentiated – with structured lessons, individually tailored to the needs of each student
- multi-sensory – students are taught to utilise more than one sense to stimulate and develop brain pathways
- direct and explicit – targeting learning intentions, modelling new knowledge, and providing feedback loops to uncover and address misunderstandings
Multi-sensory classrooms, iPads and computers used in each classroom. Private garden for break times or indoor playroom.