In the last 25 years, many international schools in Vaud have grown to help accommodate the many expatriate families recruited by multinational businesses. The canton of Vaud is also home to the largest number of boarding schools in Switzerland, some of which boast an up to 90% international student body. If you are looking for an International School in Vaud, you may want to consider schools with AVDEP accreditation.
The Vaud Association of Swiss Private Schools (AVDEP) has about 50 members and exists to uphold standards within private schools in Vaud. It’s members range from international schools in Vaud, adult language schools to bilingual nurseries, and from hotel schools to international boarding schools.
Below is a list of International Schools in Vaud and around Lausanne, Switzerland. On each school’s page, you’ll find a wealth of information including contact details, facilities, curriculum and much more. If you need further information about International Schools in Vaud, AVDEP Member School Advantages, the AVDEP website, you can find this and more at the bottom of the page.
International Schools in Vaud:
Collège Champittet is a school of reference in the Lausanne region. The Collège is a Swiss school open to the world and offers a high-quality education, for both day and boarding students. Offering three diplomas (Swiss Maturité, French Baccalaureate and the International Baccalaureate), as well as a French-English bilingual program.
Nestled amongst the apple-orchards of Aubonne, La Côte International School is a premium establishment offering a strong international and French curriculum, with a focus on hands-on learning, whole child education and student well-being. We nurture and educate confident all-rounders to become well-balanced high achievers.
GEMS World Academy Switzerland (GWAS) is an international school in Etoy, Vaud, Switzerland, offering all three International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes for students ages 3 to 18. GWAS offers an exceptional learning experience in state-of-the-art facilities, with an emphasis on Wellbeing and Innovation.
Lemania College, founded in 1908 in Lausanne by Dr Paul Du Pasquier, is now one of Switzerland’s major private schools.
What makes Aiglon College a boarding school of global distinction is simple – we carry on the unique vision of our founder John Corlette. In 1949, Corlette wanted to create an academy that combined his new concept for education with the virtues of the mountain lifestyle. As a result, to this day Aiglon continues to promote the ideals of a holistic education not only in class, but as a way of living.
Founded in 1993, Haut-Lac International Bilingual School is highly reputed for its distinctive and visionary transdisciplinary pedagogy. Through digital learning and flipped classrooms, gamified lessons, phenomenon-based learning and student-led governance, students develop the problem-solving, critical-thinking and collaborative skills needed in the 21st-century workplace.
Founded in 1924, Ecolint is the world’s oldest international school. Built on strong humanitarian values, Ecolint strives to educate for peace and to prepare students for citizenship of diverse communities and engagement with the political, ethical and environmental challenges of their times. Resolutely not-for-profit, Ecolint has a proud history of student-centred, pedagogical innovation – including the creation of the International Baccalaureate.
ALPADIA Montreux offers students a unique opportunity for full immersion in the French language and Switzerland. It provides a full package of French programmes (wide range suited to all students needs), accommodation and extra-curricular activities that further promote language learning.
Are you looking for somewhere to stay whilst you visit International Schools in Vaud?
Whether you are looking for the perfect accommodation to visit international schools near Lausanne, for a family holiday, a typical Swiss experience, a wellness retreat or a luxurious weekend, Switzerland has a lot to offer: Historical castles, cosy mountain inns, trendy design hotels and a lot more. All the hotels that we recommend are selected according to defined criteria. You’ll find attractive and welcoming hotels in every region to suit every taste.
AVDEP Membership Guarantees Peace of Mind:
- An AVDEP membership is a mark of quality from a well-known accreditation council.
- AVDEP ensures that member schools respect and implement all SFPS (Swiss Federation of Private Schools) quality standards.
- Association membership demonstrates that a school passed a series of strict quality checks. Thes checks are performed by an accreditation council, who have also visited the premises.
- Affiliated members work hard to defend the legitimacy of the association and the private sector. They also ensure good general conditions for schools. The association supports the right to recruit students and teachers freely. Switzerland is renowned for the quality of both it’s private, and public education systems. Every private school in Switzerland must comply with strict standards for authorities to grant them the right to practice. The excellent reputation of Swiss education is undoubtedly due to its long-standing open and safety-conscious teaching philosophy.
- Recognised by the political and administrative sectors in the canton of Vaud, AVDEP members regularly seek advice from the President and Secretary, whose roles are to facilitate exchanges and give authority to the association through their positions in the Canton of Vaud.
- AVDEP assists its members in matters such as how to conform to strict child protection requirements. It also helps with the recruitment of foreign workers, and data protection.